The novel "The Outsiders" by S.E Hinton was mainly about this teenager living with his two older brothers and is trying to stop a gang from harassing them and others. The teenager, Ponyboy has many genius qualities that help him stop the gang, the Greasers. For instance, one of the genius qualities he has are curiosity and also wonder. From page, 79 of The Outsiders, it states "I had almost dreamed the outside world ..." This shows that he curious about the outside world and wondering what would happen in later in the future. I also noticed how significant he is, looking to be important in his family. Also, later in book, it sounds like Ponyboy wants a transition of himself. Other characters like Dally, Ponyboy's oldest brother, have the genius quality of wisdom. " Yet, in his hand face there was character pride, and a savage defiance of the world" was stated in page 59. This shows that behind his appearances, he has more pride in himself and more knowledge. Also it shows that he's always clarified and is less clueless than the others. He's the sophisticated type of brother, always organized too. The genius qualities are revealed in the characters' actions, thought, feelings, and dialogue, by expressing the characters feelings and words. I've learned more about myself by these genius qualities by showing me who I act and who I am. In addition, I'v also learned more about the society on the genius qualities because most people in the society have half these qualities and sometimes they try to change that, to change who they are. This book became very interesting and relevant in the subjects.
No comments:
Post a Comment